image

I remember in high school doing portfolios for my English class, at the end of every quarter filling out roughly 20 pieces of paper. With having a class of 54 students, four times a year. My teaching had done that assignment for as long as I could remember. Instead of wasting all that paper, doing an online, or having a portfolio app would save so much paper. As well as being able to read everyone’s handwriting.

How to find this app on iTunes U-

-Open up your iTunes U app

-Click on For Educators

-Scroll down to ‘Using Apps in the Classroom’

-This collection is in the left column, the

Portfolios are a great way to assess learning without doing a paper and pencil test, where the students have to study and cram for a test that they aren’t really going to attain the information after the test is done. They have a physical compilation of all their hard work that quarter or semester.

This would be a good app for students to have step by steps to get their portfolio assembled. They have some guidance but then also room to make it their own. There are also an option to have your students make a blog, depending on what grades you are teaching Kid Blog would be good for your younger students. However, I really do like Edublog. This past summer, using it has been easy and good to use. Having a blog is also a great way for students to have all of their work complied together and one location to have everything. Blogs help students become their own, and show their creativity and also help them write what they want- to an extent.