image

Tech Edge in the Classroom focuses on several different apps for the iPad for your classroom in a variety of subjects. This is a great way for students or teachers to learn about apps they never would have thought about. Guy Trainin shows you how to use each app and what would be the best way to use it.

image

In the first video, I clicked about Animals. The app I liked the best was, WWF Together. It was a very extensive app for animals. It helped students learn about how animals are endangered with lots of fun facts. The app had several activities in each animal that was very interactive. I wouldn’t use this exactly in my classroom, but I would use to have student pick any farm animal and do a lot of research behind the animal to learn themselves and other students.

image

Second video was about Stage: Interactive Whiteboard and Document Camera. This was a great app I would definitely use in my classroom. You can take anything to make it show up through your camera, but you can also write on it and add text, then take a screenshot so it is saved, but the picture is still fine. This would be great for a plant labeling picture. You can also upload pictures and write on them. Another fun feature is you can literally use it as a whiteboard while you are walking about the classroom to help with classroom behavior.

image

Last video was Adobe Voice, is great for having students making videos about themselves or anything content related. You can use a template or use one of the several templates that are associated with the free version. Music is already on the app to add. You can also use your own voice to tell the story on top of the video. At the beginning of the year, I would use the student to make videos about themselves so I could get to know them better.